Slider

$10 DIY Shelf with Hooks

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I've been nesting like crazy... Cleaning, organizing and this includes in love bugs room.  I've been wanting to get her a nice shelf to put markers and stuff that I don't want her to have easy access to, but something with hooks to also hold her head bands.  After lots of searching I just couldn't find something I love for the price so I finally decided on a paint your own shelf.  I wish I would have gotten the bigger one but it still came out pretty nice for $10 [and that includes the spray paint].

I got this shelf from Joann's using my 50% off coupon so it came out to $7.  Not a bad price at all. 

The only bad thing is the back didn't have hooks but I have these nail on Sawtooth mounts handy in my tool box.  All you have to do is hammer them into the back, level, one on each end and the shelf is ready to hang. 

Unscrew the hooks before you paint and don't lose them.  I went with a ballet pink of course to match her room.  If you haven't spray painted a ton I would definitely take time to read this.  There are some things you should know about spray painting before doing it to avoid drips, cracks, and to get an even coat.  Oh and be sure to wear a mask so you don't inhale any paint.

After setting it outside overnight to get rid of the lingering paint smell it was ready to hang.

It holds all those crazy headbands perfectly.

Marker's and such where she can't reach.  Inside those plastic bins are stickers and her matching game.  I have to do a little mommy bragging about those cute little creatures taped to the shelf.  She made them 100% on her own.  I helped with with the spider legs but the idea to make these little monsters was her and it made me proud to see her get so creative.

To match the shelf I also gave her art display a little update.  Who doesn't love a little burlap. 

There you have it a $10 dollar DIY mini shelf. 

Happy Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright