Slider

Quilt Along: Plus Quilt

Thursday, June 27, 2013

I've been gone for such a long time I feel like I don't even know where to start.  So many things to catch up on, I figured my most recent gifted quilt would be a good start.  

For a long time I have wanted to do a quilt along, take you on the quilting journey and give you a chance to join in.  I want to show you each step of the way until you get to the finished product...

The inspiration came when I saw a quilt design from THIS site and I knew I wanted to make one.  I just had to.  Then the who..... I hold her near and dear to my heart.  

Growing up she was my little buddy.  We played together and of course fought with each other.  

As she got older [and so did I] I tried to be more of a role model to her and guide her through the teen years.  Avoiding mistakes I had made.  In this picture, I couldn't believe she was turning 13!  

Before I knew it, I was dropping her off to her first day of high school!  She was starting her life and we were moving across the country.  And even when we moved across the world we still stayed close.

That was then and now she's all grown and a high school grad.  We are so proud of the young woman she has become.  Beautiful inside and out.  I'm proud to say she is smarter than me and even more talented.  

And now that she is heading off to college I knew this quilt would be perfect for her.  Plus signs all bunched together.  As cheesy as it sounds, when she sees it I want her to always remember to make a positive impact wherever she goes.  If she gets homesick, sad, or is going through something tough, she can snuggle up to it and remember to stay positive because things will work out. 

So do you want to make this quilt too?  Think of someone to give it to and start choosing some prints. Here are the ones I chose from fabric.com and of course elephants because she loves them.  I'll be back next week to share the pattern and the how to. 

1 comment:

  1. I just love this "positive" quilt, Patty so I shared it with a link on my board on Pinterest. Can't wait to see the how-to! Xo~Mollykid :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright