Slider

Lace Cowl

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thank you so much Patty for that warm welcome! I am so excited to be part of Make it Cozee!

Today I will be sharing this cowl that I saw on Pinterest that inspired me...

As this cowl was very pretty and beautifully made by Sweet Verbena, this specific tutorial had the cowl attached to the tee. I wasn’t sure I wanted to commit a specific cowl to a tee. I like flexibility and I mix match quite a bit, so I took the concept of a lace cowl and ran with it and made it my own. So here we go...


Step 1: Look for lace.
I have quite a bit of white lace on hand but wanted one with a little pop… So I dove into my big box of fabric scraps (basically a collection of clothes that have stains that wouldn’t come off or a rip that wasn’t worth repairing). Then I found this…
This skirt had a rip that wouldn't be able to be repaired for me to wear as a skirt anymore.

Step 2: Seam Ripper (not Grim Reaper)
This skirt had a lining and a zipper, so I had to remove it...



Step 3: Stitch it up!
Once the lining and the zipper was removed I sewed together the slits where the zipper was and the other slit the skirt had. I also sewed together the waist. It had a black ribbon, I left it so that it could hold the lace together and also work as a weight since that will be the (hidden) neckline of the cowl.


Step 4: Tada!
All done! Now I just have to wear it around my neck! I needed to arrange it to where that black ribbon is indeed hidden. The skirt had scallops at the bottom and so I like to arrange the cowl to show off that elegant detail.

I hope you all enjoyed this little tutorial as much as I did. It took no more than 30 minutes (because I had to remove the lining and the zipper). But it you use regular lace (that isn't re-purposed), it should be a lot quicker to make! I love how it turned out... Copper... and airy (perfect for the summer)!


xoxo,




1 comment:

  1. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776 For More visit www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright