Slider

Easter Sock Bunny

Thursday, March 14, 2013

This year I decided I wanted to make Cindy's Easter bunny.  Ha!  What was I thinking?!  How could I forget how much I hate hand sewing.  Now don't be turned off by my funky little bunny,  the one in the actual tutorial is so cute!  If you like to hand sew and are good at it, then this is the project for you!  HERE is the tutorial and she does an awesome job giving step by step instructions.  He doesn't look too bad, but the wife I was going to make him is so out of the question!  

Now the tutorial bunny only uses one sock but I wanted him to have a longer body so I used two.  His face and head also aren't as huge as the original.  Not to mention I completely failed at trying to embroider his nose.   I just couldn't do it to look nice so I ended up just painting it on with some fabric paint.    

Since little hands will be playing with this bunny I went ahead and covered up the bottom with felt.  I didn't want her to try to pick off any of the stitching.  I also added a bag of rice to his bottom before sewing him closed so he could sit on his own.

I do have to admit, his little bunny tail is pretty darn cute!! 

So if you are up for the challenge, get to it and make a sock bunny.  I have a feeling my Boo Bear will love this little guy.  

1 comment:

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright