Slider

How to Make Slime

Friday, November 2, 2012

When I was a kid I vividly remember playing with GAK.  Watching Nickelodeon, wishing I was the kid getting slimed on TV, and playing with GAK.   I use to love that stuff and who am I kidding, I still love playing with it.  I can't believe how easy it is to make!!  

We made some at the Halloween party and I think the kids were too young to really appreciate it.  They looked grossed out and a some were a little mortified.  It took my little one a few days to warm up to the stuff. 
To make it easy, I pre measured everything.  

In the cup I mixed 1 teaspoon of Borax powder and 1 cup of water.  The bowl, has 1/2 cup of white Elmer's glue, 1/2 cup of water and some food coloring.

All the kids had to do was pour the water into the bowl and mix.  In seconds you will start to see it form.  The blob grows.  Pour out excess liquid and start kneading the slime until it isn't watery anymore.

It took some time and coaxing to get the kids to touch it.  I think us moms enjoyed it more.

Just a note, you can mix two different slime colors to make a new one.  It was still really fun to make.  Now, fast forward to my Tuesday night Bible study.  I tried this activity with my 4th and 5th graders and they went nuts.  They loved it and thought I was the coolest teacher ever.  Ha!  What a contrast to the itty bitty ones.  Keeping this recipe in the books for sure for when Boo Bear gets older!

Hope you and your little ones enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yeah!!! We made this by the bucket full when I was a Girl Scout camp director. I'm sure the parents weren't too happy but we all LOVED it:) Great party fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used this every Halloween for grade schoolers and they loved it!! So much fun to see it actually mix together and become slime and then to "experiment"! Great color -- the perfect slimy green! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776 For More visit www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright