Slider

Have a Cozee Thanksgiving

Thursday, November 28, 2013


What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
My favorite memory has to be hubby and mines very first thanksgiving.  We just got married and moved 3000 miles away from home to the south thanks to the military.  We were are own little family and I was so nervous to make the whole thanksgiving dinner all by myself with my limited cooking skills.  They only had 20lb turkeys so that's what we bought.  (We were eating turkey for the entire week!)
We watched football and just spent the day relaxing.   It was one of the first times when I felt like we are our own little family him and I with our little pup Charlie.  It was so special and had a happy ending.  The turkey I cooked (Gilbert) turned out so pretty and it was so tasty!  I was shaking in my boots that dinner was going to end up a disaster and it was the opposite, we had a perfect night.


Favorite thanksgiving dish??

Nothing fancy I love love love stove top stuffing!  I don't know what it is about stuffing I just love it!


Any Thanksgiving traditions?

Football is of course a tradition.  I make a meat platter for the mister and he watches while I cook. Now that my little lady is big enough I have started doing movie nights for holidays.  So we bake cookies and its Peanuts.  We did it for Halloween and now for Thanksgiving.  I ended up getting the Peanuts Holiday Collection on Amazon and it was a great deal.  Aren't these turkey cookies so fun?!  She loves cooking with me and these home made sugar cookie recipe reminds me so much of when my mom and I use to make them.




What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
I would have to agree with Patty, it would be mt first Thanksgiving with my hubby about 4 years ago. I think it was extra special because I got to make Thanksgiving dinner all by myself. It was a ton of work but well worth it. I remember that we had to celebrate ours the Saturday after Thanksgiving because we were too busy driving all around that Thursday and Friday seeing family. 


Favorite thanksgiving dish??
Mine would have to by far be my Egyptian grandma's (my aunt's mother-in-law) Potato Casserole. It was pretty much a shepherd's pie but 100 times way better. I don't know what her secret ingredient was to make it so good (probably a whole lot of love). She has passed for a little over a year now. Unfortunately she never shared her recipe with anyone, and we sure miss her that much more on Thanksgiving! I guess second after that would be green bean casserole.

Any Thanksgiving traditions?
Ever since I was a kid my Thanksgiving tradition is to watch Mirace on 34th Street (the one with Dylan McDermott and Matilda). I made this my own tradition and have kept it every single year since I was 7. This is mine and hubby's 4th Thanksgiving together and I still can't seem to get him on board with this one. And next would be officially starting to listen to Christmas music at full force! 

1 comment:

  1. We start by stripping back your exciting covers and the top layers of the padding, the springs and frame joints are inspected and repaired or replaced as necessary where required.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright