Slider

Guess What.... I'm Having a BABY!

Friday, September 20, 2013

I'm having a BABY!! 

I've been dying to let the cat out of the bag!  I am the worst at keeping secrets so you don't know how hard this was for me to hold in.  I found out I was pregnant the week before we left Germany and we couldn't be more thrilled to welcome a new baby into our growing family.  SO here's the run down, answers to all the questions I usually get asked.

How many weeks? 
13 weeks and one day.

How do you feel?
I feel awesome.  This pregnancy has been the completely opposite of the first one.  I read back at my pregnancy journals, compare them and am amazed at the significant differences in everything.  I have to say I was really miserable with the first pregnancy, but who wouldn't be when they are throwing up 10 times a day for the entire first trimester and some.  I remember it got so bad I finally got a prescription.  I also broke out like a 13 year old and had crazy oily hair.  It was miserable...

This pregnancy on the other hand has been a walk in the park.  Some nausea but nothing major because I can eat normal three meals a day.  No pimples, no crazy oily hair.  I do get heart burn, head aches, and a crazy case of bloating [never had that issue with the first one] but all manageable.   Sadly, I am not one of those lovely ladies who loves being pregnant.... I can only really name three things I truly enjoy about actually being pregnant, but I am trying really hard to enjoy this one.

Do you want a boy or a girl? 
I get this question a ton.  Before getting pregnant I really really really wanted to have a little man just because I have a little lady.  But now that the idea can actually be a reality, the idea of having a little boy just freaks me out.  I grew up in the land of women.  I know what to do with a little girl... I've taken care of tons of little girls, but having an itty bitty boy in my care, it scares me. Bottom line, I would of course be happy with a little man and equally so with a little lady.  I would probably be more comfortable having a little lady.  Aww and the thought of a little sister for my love bug melts my heart.  I have two so I know how awesome sisters are.  And if you are wondering, I think I'm going to have a little girl.

Nickname for the new baby?
Baby Bear.  We are all bears in this family.  This name one was given our my love bug.  The first ultra sound we had we told her that was the baby on the screen and she said a Baby Bear?!  It kind of stuck from there.

So, there's the big news!   Please keep me and Baby Bear in your prayers as we grow together in this pregnancy.

Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Love your story and prayers for you and the fam. Enjoy every moment and boys are a lot of fun. I was the opposite because I grew up with boys so when I have a girl I hope not to make her a tom boy like me,lol. Blessings!!!
    Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What great news! Don't be scared if you end up having a little boy. It was different for me too as I have a seven year old daughter and also grew up in Land of the Ladies, however so far not too many differences in my two. Other than being in fear of being peed on with every diaper! LOL For nausea have you tried preggo pops? They have different flavors (i hated ginger flavor so beware)and worked great for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, congratulations!!! I loooove that little onesie, and I can't wait to read all about your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation on your baby bear. I brought a made in USA baby back to Germany and everything went absolutely fine. So I pray for you that it will be the same with your pregnancy.
    Many greetings from Germany and thank you for all the blog inspiration.

    Kati

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright