Slider

Very Hungry Caterpillar Party and Decorations

Friday, February 15, 2013

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day!  Ours was wonderful except, I think I woke up with a chocolate hang over.  Worth every piece though. 

And now that Valentines Day is over, I can finish up with the Very Hungry Caterpillar saga.  Only a few more posts about the caterpillar and I promise I will move on to some fun stuff that has been brewing in my craft room.  So here are the highlights from the party....

I set up a little main table with all of the food and goodies.  Cupcake stand and toppers post HERE and details about the $20 dollar cake HERE.  And those yummy cherry tarts, the recipe is HERE.  

I kept it pretty simple.  I trimmed the table with water color dots.  Same idea as the leaf garland but I painted the card stock in different colors and used my big circle punch.  The banner was given to me from a friend but can be purchased at the Eric Carle website.  

The drink station had this big number two that I created with the little painted circles.  The table was trimmed with the leaf garland.  I just love the little caterpillar hiding under the punch.  Sun straw toppers printable coming soon. 

I decorated the room with a just a few pom poms and of course caterpillars.  The lanterns were given to me from a friend but you can buy them on Amazon.  You can also just buy balloons and blow them up just a little bit to form perfect circles to create a caterpillar like the one I have crawling on top of the door. 

I also wanted to have a banner of pictures from each month so I put that in the framed banner.  I printed out a few pictures for the wall using this special paper and had to have a little bling so I glittered her name that I cut out with my Slice.  

It was a fun party and we even played a game with the kids, pass the parcel.  Cindy enjoyed eating cake, candy, and of course playing with her friends.  As a thank you they all took home a little treat, personalized white board and crayons.  

That is a picture of her hugging her best friend.  They had little matching dresses.  I haven't posted a tutorial for the party dress yet but you can find a tutorial for the other dress HERE.  

So now that the party is over I guess it's time to start thinking about a theme for next year.  She will be old enough to pick by then but I want to give her some choices.... Any ideas? 

8 comments:

  1. You host the cutest parties! Your and Adria's girls in those dresses are the cutest thing ever :) And what a special touch to personalize the coloring sheets! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post your party dress tutorial...I LOVE it and want one for my daughters 1st birthday party coming up! (It is eric carle themed :) )
    Thanks for some amazing ideas~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome :D The dress tutorial is coming soon. I am hoping this weekend.

      Delete
  3. Hi Patty!

    Thank you for all of the inspiration! I plan on using your printables and ideas for my daughters first birthday party! Do you still have the Eric Carle "happy Birthday" banner, if so, are you willing to sell it? I would love to have this item for my daughters party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are able to use the ideas and printables! That's why I share them :D Unfortunately I already sold the banner to someone else but I know you can get it on the Eric Carle Website. Have a wonderful party!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your lovely ideas! My son is having a VHC for his 3rd birthday. I've found your printables a great starting point. As for ideas for future parties - My daughter's had a rainbow party, a fairy princess party, a willy wonka party, a garden party, next one will be a Frozen party. My son's had a farm party, a construction party and this one will be VHC. Next year I'm hoping it'll be a robot party but he'll probably have an opinion of his own by then. I'm also itching to do a circus party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Where did you find the red picture frames :)
    lclevelandfnp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776 For More visit www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright