Slider

Crochet Owl Coffee Cozy

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's been quite the busy week at our house.  My full intention has been to post but it's fallen low on the priority list. Spring must be right around the corner because all I can think about is cleaning everything!  Anyone else feel the same?

I'm going to make this a quick one since I don't have a ton of time.  I made this coffee cozy awhile back  and never got around to sharing it.  It's yet another great beginner pattern and if sewing weren't taking up so much of my time right now I would probably make a few more.  It isn't perfect but it is still really cute.  Next time, I would for sure make the body portion bigger.

       The pattern for the body of the cozy can be found HERE.  To save you some time I pasted it.

Round 1: Single crochet in each chain around; join with slip stitch in beginning stitch – 25 stitches.
Round 2: Single crochet in each stitch around; join with slip stitch in beginning stitch.
Round 3: Work 2 single crochet in first stitch, single crochet in each remaining stitch around; join with slip stitch in beginning stitch – 26 stitches.
Rounds 4 and 5: Repeat Round 2.
Round 6: Repeat Round 3 – 27 stitches.
Round 7-9:  Reapeat round 2

For the eyes you chain 4 and then 11 double crochets in the 3rd chain from the hook.  Join with a slip stitch to the top of chain 3.  Make two and sew them onto the body.  I just used regular thread and needle since I don't know what is the proper way of sewing it on.

Then you add the button to the eyes.

For the beak, I cannot remember for the life of me how I did.  For an alternative, chain 6, double crochet in the 3rd chain from the hook, half double in the next chain, single crochet in the next, and then slip stitch.  Sew it on and in no time you have a really cute owl coffee cozy.
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is so cute!!! If you don't already have an etsy shop, you should open one and sell all of the cute things you make! I would buy one in a heartbeat since I've learned over the past month I'm crochet-ingly challenged haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776 For More visit www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright