Slider

Spray Painting Furniture

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I have recently been really into decorating the house.  People assume because I can do other crafty things that I must also be some amazing interior decorator as well.  Sadly, I suck at it.  I wish I didn't but I think one day I will just hire my best friend to do it.  But until then I have to figure it out.

One of the things I have been doing is painting.  This use to go in the living room but once Cindy started climbing on it I had to move it to the kitchen area.  I originally wanted to paint it a pale yellow but I am limited in color options.  I wasn't about to go to the German store and try to figure out which spray paint was the right one.  So, I settled for almond and even though it kind of blends in with the walls I am happy.

If you are wondering how it looked before here are the before pictures.  See how the cherry stuck out like a sore thumb.  Ick.

And now it fits right in with all the other pieces of furniture in our dining area.  I love it.

I am in a painting frenzy.  If you are getting the itch to spray paint something, be sure to check out THIS blog, All Things Thrifty for some tips.  She even has a video on how to spray paint properly.

2 comments:

  1. love love love love love it! Totally fits the kitchen's style & can't wait to see what you're going to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an improvement! Love your dining room; I'm envious of all your natural light.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright