Slider

Recipe: Corn Salad

Monday, April 9, 2012

The other day I was talking to cousin Krista on the phone and she was mentioning this salad to me.  After that conversation I had a huge craving for it, asked for the recipe, and now it is one of my favorite salads.  It is perfect for spring/summer BBQ.  It has this refreshing taste, the dressing is oh so yummy, and aren't the colors gorgeous?!

It tastes as good as it looks and even though the recipe calls for grilled corn, the canned stuff is just as yummy.  Here is the recipe:

2 cans of corn
1 Avocado, diced and sprinkled with lemon
1 cup of tomatoes, red and yellow cherry [I could only find red]
1/2 of a small onion finely diced
1/4 cup of crumbled feta [I added more]
1/4 cup of cucumber

Add to a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.

Cilantro Vinaigrette
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Sherry vinegar [I used Red Wine Vinegar]
1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
1 tbsp of fresh cilantro, minced
1/4 tsp of salt
5 grinds of fresh pepper

Add all of the above in a small glass jar with a lid, shake really well.  Taste, adjust to your desire.  When ready to serve the salad, add the dressing and gently toss.

You will not be disappointed with this salad!  Thanks Cousin Krista for sharing.

2 comments:

  1. You eat with your eyes first right? Looks perfect for summer! I never thought to put feta...but then again the lightness of it pairs well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the versatile blogger award :)

    rules and more info:
    http://rachellidiabyrne.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/i-got-nominated-by-shandimessmer.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright