Slider

Overcoming the Biggest Hurdle.... the KIDDOS

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

GOOD MORNING

is my greeting for little man. He's usually not up when I'm getting ready but on this particular day I hear little feet down the hallway.  He peeks in and asks me where I'm going.  I tell him, “Today I am going to work” [and my heart breaks a little].  He shatters it with the pouty face, “But I don't want you to go.”  The tears start to well up, “I'm going to be sad.”  Your heart breaking with mine yet?  Talk about a stop at guilt trip station!  The teacher in me redirects and I tells him “it's only a few hours and your favorite sitter is coming to play with you.”  Daddy gives him a pep talk, he is satisfied and walks away to his room. 

BE STILL

the kids will be fine.... but when I get back, they kinda aren't.  After my work day [it’s only three hours] I come home to two emotionally full kiddos, crying, and tired.  I put Cindy on my lap and snuggle her.  When I ask what is wrong she says “I didn’t want you to go.  I miss you and you’re going to leave always.”  OH BOY!  I put both down for a nap and started to clean & pray.  
[as you can guess this was before I left]


BE STILL

and know that I AM God.  He is God, and he knows all so I start asking WHY… Why all the tears and distress from Cindy.  God, this is a girl who tried to give me the boot at parent’s day when she was only two and going to preschool.  Ms. independent who begs me to let her take the bus and reassures me that I don't have to stay and watch her three-hour gymnastics practice.  She’s been without me for three hours plenty of times.

As I'm folding a green dish cloth the answer comes, because you are leaving her.  In all those memories, she was always the one leaving me.  She was in control and had the choice.  This was totally new to them since I have only worked from home and insecurities were welling up inside.


COMMUNICATE

is what I failed to do.  I had done a good job preparing the kids physically for the change.  We practiced routines, packed lunches, set out games, but I didn’t prepare them emotionally.  Maybe because they are still little I didn’t even think about communicating what they should expect and share with them reason why I was going to work.

And so, the explanations and planner came out.  I reassured them that every day I would be home by lunch and as soon as I got home we would read books altogether.  We made plans on what we would do when I come home, play legos, Barbies, and UNO.  We plugged in a mommy and me date into the planner and we all felt a little better.

DREAM

is what we did later that day on our drive to gymnastics when it was just the two of us.  I shared with her our family dream of a place we can call home and in order to make that happen mommy has to work a little.  She added to the dream and insisted on having a basement, a pool with a slide.  There should be a movie room with a cotton candy machine and we will host lots of parties.  Additions I approve of HA!

I shared with her that just like I am able to bless, teach, and love them, I will be able to that for so many more kiddos!  I bridged the gap and made her part of my work.  She was giddy about being be able to visit the classroom during open house and meet the kids that will be part of my mornings. 

ADJUSTMENTS

are hard and change is challenging but necessary for growth.  This week I can say we all did a little growing and I'm happy to report I'm pretty confident these little munchkins are going to adjust to this new life just fine.  

Until next time,

17 comments:

  1. Download Norton Antivirus from https://goo.gl/C1dGTS and after installing or re-installing you face any error call toll free +1-855-550-9333.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice you can also share these to instagram for more engagement

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Protect your Pc/laptop and other devices with best Norton.com/setup Antivirus. Get security against spyware, malware and viruses.Read More : http://www.nortonsetup-nortonsetup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norton Setup!
    If you are looking Technical support for norton.com/setup then you can call on our tollfree number 1-888-254-4408 or visit at http://www.nortonsetup-nortonsetup.com. We will help you 24x7.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Office Setup!
    Next, enter your product key and then follow the remaining setup steps to link your account to Office. You’re now ready to install the latest version using the steps below.
    http://officecoms.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Office Setup!
    These were the possible reasons that might have been creating the problem. Now read out the methods and ways by which you can easily fix this error. All you need is to read each and every step carefully and then apply it same on your computer.
    Read More : http://www.officecom.org/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The stepping stone to reach the Yahoo customer service care is the +1-800-561-1225 where you can explain them about the issue.Yahoo Support

    ReplyDelete
  10. https://adayfordaisies.blogspot.in/2018/02/please-excuse-mess.html?showComment=1521449410147#c3027722058000625005

    ReplyDelete
  11. norton.com/setup
    Norton Antivirus is known as a standout amongst the most productive too compelling antivirus programming which ensures your PC, PCs, cell phone and different gadgets from savage PC infections and malware dangers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once you enter your key on the Microsoft website, you will need to login with your Microsoft account. While the pre-existing users can use their old account, the new users can easily create a new account.
    office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  13. This support complements the needs of businesses that have tasks related to finance in more than one category. We ensure
    that users will find working with the accounting software extremely easy.
    QuickBooks support number

    ReplyDelete
  14. By and by you're set up to start using Office. In the Windows 8 start screen or on the Windows 7 start menu, type the name of the Office application you have to use, for instance, Word, and open it.www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  15. We give reasonable and for the term of the day, dependably brace for customers. They can find best response for repairing issues, foundation issues, un-foundation issues, checking and hanging issues.www.norton.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright