Slider

The big BUT (and my new adventure)

Friday, August 11, 2017

The last few months Randy and I have been throwing around the idea of me going back to work.  I really really really and I mean REALLY love staying home with the kiddos and I LOVE my chillax life.  Stay at home mom life can have its challenges but for the most part it’s pretty darn awesome. 

BUT

When we sit and dream about the future and the life we want to build, I realize that in order to reach some of those goals there have to be some sacrifices made.  Some sacrifices that require more than just cutting the budget and spending less.  SO on my 2017 goal list I put down, This year I will make $2,484 dollars to put towards our DREAM  HOME fund.  I laughed at that number a few times mockingly questioning why I even wrote it as a goal.  How can I do that if I quit working from home this year?

BUT

there were more talks and prayer.  God can you make a way for me to even reach that goal?  God if I am suppose to go back to teaching you’ll have to place that desire back into my heart because I really don’t want to.  If I go back to work... it has to be part time at the preschool Randy goes to.  I have to be able to bring him in with me and be out of school in time to pick up Cindy.  The job has to be close to home.  I want an easy adjustment not a drastic one.  All these requests as if I had the right to really ask God for specifics of what I wanted in a job. 

BUT

Somehow it happened.  With a text from a cousin telling that a new place was opening and I should apply, an out dated resume [and I mean for real my resume is 7 year old], an interview and BOOM in the course of a month I have exactly the job I prayed for.  For real ya'll every single thing on my prayer list met and my 2017 goal will be reached.  As for the heart thing, God was working on that too.  Earlier this year had started hosting little home school sessions for little Randy with some friends and it totally brought back my passion to teach.
(shopping for first day of school outfits)

WHY?

And as for the why.  Why go back to work if I really really love being home and DON’T actually have to?  Because of the dream.  I want to be an active participant in building that dream home.  Maybe our constant moving lifestyle makes me yearn for a forever place.  Whatever the reason, that is our dream.  A home where we can host more and offer people a place of rest and fellowship.  A home where the kids will always want to come back to and one we can pass along to them when we're old and wrinkly.  It’s a home uniquely designed for our special family.  There'll be a back yard  that has way too many Weber grills and smokers, a fire pit for me and the kitchen with a big window, farmhouse sink, wood island where we can all cook together.  Sigh*  I like to dream big.

God answered my desire to start making this dream a reality not by ascending a set of keys down from heaven to our dream house, but by giving me the opportunity to partner with him on this new working mom adventure.

On top of the dream, I’m going back because I know our home is the center of my world but it isn’t my whole world.  I have the privilege to pour into these two little faces and now I get to do that for oodles more for a few hours a day.

AND



This year is a test run.  If I so happen to hate working or it’s too much for my needy little family [ha!] then I can always go back to being a house wife.  So here's to an awesome year and a new journey towards a dream being built one brick at a time.


11 comments:

  1. Norton Internet Secuirty | Ransomware protection
    Get protection from Cyberattacks, Malware, trojan and all other online threats ,Get Norton Setup with the help of product with get in touch with Norton Support Experts

    ReplyDelete
  2. McAfee Software has Advanced Technology Which detect ransomware Malware threat which compromise the System leads to hacking email accounts, social media accounts,banking details etc McAfee is important software to installed on your computer with help of McAfee Support
    experts , McAfee Customer Service
    is reliable service which give Total satisfaction

    ReplyDelete
  3. To activate norton logon to norton.com/setup activate norton antivirus using 25 digit key at www.norton.com/setup to avail norton services call +1-855-550-9333.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mail.aol.com

    link Mail.aol.com

    Keyword:- Mail.aol.com

    Description:- Mail.aol.com - Login to your AOL E-mail
    by visiting Mail.aol.com and you may also do Aol Sign
    in, Aol Sign up, Aol Password Reset etc.

    Website:- http://mailaolcom.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Garmin.com/express

    link Garmin.com/express

    Keyword:- Garmin.com/express

    Description:- Garmin.com/express - Register, Setup,
    Update and Manage your Garmin Devices Online by visiting
    www.garmin.com/express. Install Garmin Express
    with the help of Garmin.com/Express.

    Website:- http://garmincomexpress.org/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roadrunner Support

    link Roadrunner Support

    Keyword:- Roadrunner Support

    Description:- Roadrunner Email is a great web mail system
    that enable you to access your account using a PC, laptop
    or smartphone. Many individuals use Roadrunner email
    service for their professional and personal use.

    Website:- http://contactassistance.com/roadrunner-support/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comcast Support

    link Comcast Support

    Keyword:- Comcast Support

    Description:- Comcast Corporation is an American Global
    Telecommunication that offers cable television and
    broadcasting. In addition, they also provide services
    like internet, telephone and other wireless services.

    Website:- http://contactassistance.com/comcast-support/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Payment Processing A payment processing or a processor is basically a third party appointed by the merchant to handle the transactions relating to the various channels like credit and debit card for merchant acquiring banks. Payment Processing

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright