Slider

Classroom Website: A Must for Room Mom's and Teachers

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

So this year, fate chose me out of a hat to be the room mom.  I was super excited and also a little nervous.  I've never been a class room mom before and I didn't even know where to start.  This is her last year in preschool, so I am so thankful to have this opportunity.  If you are wondering, what in the world is a room mom?  I would say the link between parents and teachers.

I attended a room mom meeting and a veteran shared her secrets.  Mind blowing for those of us who love virtual access.  Did you know you can create a website for your classroom online?!  Say what?!  It's free, private and pretty amazing.  I'm a fan of Shutterfly again because in no time I was able to create our Brown Bear Classroom Website. 

It's private so you can't actually visit it, but let me show you some of the tools that are offered.  You can see all the tabs above the bear. 
  1. Calendar, you can see all the important events for the month as well as who is bringing snack each week.  
  2. Volunteers is a way to virtually get parents to sign up to volunteer in the classroom or bring something for a class party.
  3. Parents can share photos and videos of kids taken from field trips and important times like the Christmas show.
  4. A class list of everyone's phone number, email addresses is listed.  Useful for birthday party invites!  To the right is the teacher's information.
  5. There's even a message board. 
Can I just say...Thanks Shutterfly Share Site, I'm in love. 


Scroll down and you'll see a pretty image of all the important dates of the month and to the right some links parents can share.  

And probably my favorite part.  The upcoming events and files tab.  As parents we lose papers and forget dates.  Am I wrong?!  Not anymore folks.  For every event entered, I was able to have the option to send out an email reminder for the upcoming event.  YUP two days advance notice for picture day, field trip, chapel.  How awesome!?  The files section has all those important papers we tend to lose.  The list of preferred snacks, the list of each teacher's favorite things, permission slip for field trips, and whatever else.

This site is so awesome I just had to take the time to share it with you all.  What a great tool for parents and teachers to stay organized and informed throughout the year!  NOT to mention who wouldn't want a virtual way to access those important dates and papers we forget and lose.  

It's amazing people.  If you're a room mom, I highly recommend it and it's super easy to set up. 

Until next time.  Toodles! 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. I just might try this!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776
    www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright