Slider

Know Your Worth

Sunday, August 9, 2015

If you haven't heard it in awhile, this morning I want to tell you... 
        

When I say you're beautiful I mean all of you, including the way you look right now in this very moment.  I never realized it until I started this journey how self conscious I am about the way that I look.  Here's the reality... after a transformation, the girl on the left still has the same self esteem issues as the girl on the right.  

It's rooted back to my childhood, being teased for being too skinny and having no curves.  I could list all the little tid bits about my body that I don't love and I'm sure you can do the same.  All these little things we want to "fix".  I've come up with this phrase that I tell myself whenever I want to bash my bod "improve the things I can and embrace the things I can't."  I can't change the fact that my hips are narrow and my shoulders are wide.  These are parts of me that I need to embrace.  What parts of you do you need to embrace?

 Why?  Because you are fearfully and wonderfully made as it says in Psalm 139:14.  You are God's masterpiece, not a piece of junk he created.  When you start bashing your bod, you're snubbing the artist who created you in your own unique way.  Just take a look at this image.  All these women weigh 154 pounds, but because of their height and shape, 154 pounds looks different on each of them!

You know I am all for being a good steward and taking care of you just like I talked about last week.  I love your fitness goals and your desire to improve.  BUT don't workout and eat right because you hate your body or the way you look.  I want you to strive for healthy because you love your body and because you know it deserves the best.  Know that your worth and your value is measured far beyond what is seen on the outside.  It opened up my eyes to understand that I was worth dying for.  As it says in 1 Corinthians 6:20 you were bought at a price, therefore honor God with your body.  

Until next time.  Toodles! 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner







2 comments:

  1. While I was eating some almonds today, I thought about what you said, "Love your body because you know it deserves the best." It's the truth, I want to feel good, so put good stuff in it. Not knocking the occasional fried food, cake pop, or glass of vino...(my vices...balance ha ha ha) =)! Thank you for always sharing your heart and loving people enough to let them know you care and there is a God who loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776 For More visit www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright