Slider

Fitness Friday: My Journey

Friday, February 20, 2015

It's Friday and from from now until I decide to stop, it will be Fitness Friday.  Why?  Because I'm back on the "want to get fit" roller coaster.  II am starting to feel the same B-L-A-H I did back in 2012. 

I go through these phases in life where I decide I want to get fit, eat healthy, blah blah blah (usually right before spring or after having a baby)... This year it is hitting me sooner.  Every year I do a quick fix before summer and then the cold sets in and I become a bear and hibernate.  

I really want to get fit and not just for a season [just like I said in 2012].  For those of you who know me, may be thinking in your mind... but you're already tiny.  That may be true, but I have insecurities too.  Insecurities about my body and my abilities.  I can't even run down the street without my lungs feeling like they are going to explode from the burn.  Seriously.  Now, this buzz feed video is silly but it really does hit a lot of insecurities that I have. 


All in all it's not just about looking good but I want to feel good too.  This summer when we go hiking, or canoeing, swimming, walking, I want my body to be able to keep up.  I am notorious for saying I'm going to get in shape, do it, and then revert to my old couch sitting junk food eating ways.  My fitness journey says it all...

In Germany I decided to get fit for life. 



I was actually doing super well.  Was running and could actually run a mile in a reasonable time.  Hubby even bought me a jogging stroller. 

I was at my peak... the honeymoon season.  Hitting my fitness goals, and feeling good.  I could actually see the changes in my body.  This is probably the most fit I have ever been besides high school when I played on the tennis team.

THEN,  I dislocated my knee. Boo!  Back to being a bum. 

Fast forward to baby number two.  You know that means working out again.  I really pushed hard to bounce back.  P90X Cardio and Pilates. 


I was feeling great!  I was even working out consistently until the end of this past summer.  

Then I got lazy, busy, sleep deprived, tired and you name it every excuse in the book I am giving it. 


I don't know if it's because summer is in 120 days, but I'm jumping back on my fit for life train.  Either way, it's time to make it happen and this time with the help of a coach, my lovely high school friend Salma.  

She is so inspiring!  For now you can follow her on Instagram HERE!!!   She will seriously make you want to get fit and eat healthy.  If you are interested in joining this journey with me then click on her image below for details about how to be apart of her next group starting March 2nd!  You can aslo email her at salma.perez6@gmail.com to sign up.  
sal  

I'm going to share more about her next week, about what my goals and plan will be. I would love it if you would join me and share your fitness journey or way you live a healthy lifestyle. 

So until next time.  


Happy Sunday!
 Until next time.  Toodles!




Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright