Slider

End the Cranky

Saturday, February 7, 2015


I have all these random quotes I pin onto my board I'm Just Saying and every once in awhile I'll browse through it and see something that strikes a chord in my soul. 

Ding ding ding... This one caught my eye because lately I've been in this funk.  To be honest I've been really cranky and a big complainer.  And whose fault is it?  Mine.  I've been focusing on the negative instead of choosing to see the good.  [You know griping about being so tired, the house being a mess, the kids acting crazy.]  When things get challenging it's easy to complain.

If you haven't already noticed I've been pumping ads out [thanks Social Spark!] and making some extra money.  So really it's my fault that I am so cranky.  Like today we had love bugs birthday and now I'm up late because I procrastinated on writing because I have a deadline to meet.  Yup, master procrastinator over here. 

 I have yet to find the balance between managing the home and work.  In my dream world I want to be able to do all the things I do at home, craft, and work.  But the reality is I can't...there aren't enough hours in the day and I usually end up here.  12:07 a.m. writing ads, editing pictures.  Working while everyone else is asleep.  Waking up cranky and it's not pretty.

Work takes time. SO as hard as it may be, that means less crafts, less home cooking, deep breaths when the laundry is outrageous and the house is crazy.  It's going to take time to find that right balance, but until then I'm going to try to stay positive, SEE the good and fight that sleep deprived crankiness. 

I'm going to choose to see the good that my hubby sees... I get paid to cook/test products take pictures and then write about it?!  That's everything you love to do.  And he's right.  I'm going to be grateful that I get to make a little extra money doing what I love.  I get to work at home, in my jammies on my own time.

 One practical way I've been encouraged is through the Bible app.  They have some pretty great quick devotionals.  If you want to see the good with me and be thankful everyday you can do the Power of Being Thankful one and there are so many others to choose from!  So here's to seeing the good and being positive.  Now back to work.

Happy Sunday!
 Until next time.  Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. You are so inspiring, I don't think you know to what extent. Thank you for this post, May. You are doing your best, with what you have. And you have a ton =). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright