Slider

Christmas Advents

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I know you are suppose to start advent calendars on the first, but if you haven't started an advent it's never to late to count down the days until Christmas.  Last year I made the paper chain one for my love bug but really hated the way it looked so we updated it this year.  

[Here is the ball and chain looking one from last year].


I bought a wood circle plaque for her to paint and then Modge Podge the poem onto it. 

She actually was the one who made it start to finish, cutting all the strips and gluing them together [as I am sure you can tell].   

If you want the printout of the star HERE it is.  I simply rounded the edges.

Another way we countdown to Christmas is with books.  I wrap 25 books to put in her basket, the last one is the story of Jesus birth so we can read it Christmas morning.  Before bed every night after we brush teeth she pulls a chain and opens a book to read.  She loves it.


1 comment:

  1. I love your family traditions!!! That book one is one of the best I've heard :) You have a lucky kid(s) there!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright