Slider

Mama Meal Swap

Thursday, September 22, 2016

I knew our schedule this year would be a little packed [I hate to say busy but yes busy].  What are things that go out the window when it gets busy?  Laundry, meals, housework.  You know what I mean?!  After a full day, the last thing my brain wants to think about is what can I cook?   A hearty meal was not something I wanted to compromise this year SO a few friends and I started a mama meal swap.  We made the meals freezer friendly so they would last longer. 

It is genius really and if you have friends that are awesome cooks [and these ladies CAN] it is a win!  It took minimal planning but has helped all of us these first two weeks of adjusting to our new schedules.  On those days we were coming home late from gymnastics or church it was one less thing to worry about. 

The three of us each came up with two meals.  I chose pot pie and meatballs for meatball subs.  I cooked enough for three families.  It was a lot of food and took a chunk of time BUT it was so WORTH IT! 






I packaged everything up [kept two for myself].  

Then the magic happened and we swapped.  A freezer full of six home made meals!  Enchiladas, chili, chicken and broccoli casserole, baked ziti, meatballs, and pot pie.  It also helps when you have friends with big families because some of the meals I got were enough for two different nights [score!].  

Starting September with  six yummy meals on hand was so handy!  I thaw a meal in the fridge the night before, pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes and BAM we have dinner [you can cook it frozen it just takes forever]. 

I know what some of you are thinking.... why not just buy frozen meals?  I thought about this too but I've had store bought frozen meals before.  Maybe it's just me but they just don't taste quite the same as mamas homemade recipe.  Maybe I have a picky palette.  If you are thinking about a swap feel free to pin.



Gather those ladies in your circle who are cooks I would highly suggest a Mama Meal Swap!  Maybe I can post some recipes and take out half the work for ya'll.  Guarantee you it will be one less thing to worry about at four o'clock. 


Until next time.  Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776
    www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright