Slider

Purpose in Every Season

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Life is a series of seasons.... 

There’s an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth:

A right time for birth and another for death, 
A right time to plant and another to reap,
A right time to kill and another to heal,
A right time to destroy and another to construct,
A right time to cry and another to laugh,
A right time to lament and another to cheer,
A right time to make love and another to abstain,
A right time to embrace and another to part,
A right time to search and another to count your losses,
A right time to hold on and another to let go,
A right time to rip out and another to mend,
A right time to shut up and another to speak up,
A right time to love and another to hate,
A right time to wage war and another to make peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:2-8

I've experienced these seasons as I am sure you have.  I season of crazy insane college busy, a season to be a newlywed and enjoy one another, a season of chaotic newborn bliss, a season of goodbyes and hellos.  Life is a series of seasons and I've learned that no matter how difficult or enjoyable the season, embrace it and learn from it.  

I've recently come out of a very busy season of go go go.  I was working, writing, dreaming, doing, building.  I was making things happen and it seems almost as if it came to a halt in a day.   My heart wasn't in the hustle.  I know during that time God was doing something.  He was giving me confidence.  He showed me that I can.  I learned my purpose.  Our relationship grew.  I dreamed big dreams.  It was a time to learn, a time to grow.  I am so grateful for that time.  It was a time for growth.   

I'm currently putting some goals and projects to the side and am moving into being a home maker [and writer].  

For the last year, I've wanted to craft but just haven't felt motivated or inspired.  I kept praying and asking God to give me that feeling, the urge again.  That passion.  I need that to create and it took this little girl wanting a sewing machine this December to inspire me once again.  I unplugged in December and really dug deep, sought out what direction to go and I got my answer.  This year is my year to embrace being the stay at home... enjoy cooking, cleaning, crafting, and just gobble up all the time with the kids.  One of the dreams on my dream sheet is to have a beautiful home and I have been getting the urge to decorate [which hardly happens].  

In this time, God is showing me something.  He's showing me that the dreams that I have will come, but not in this time.  He's showing me to be patient.  The goodness of slow and steady.  He's showing me how to be faithful in the little things.  How to live with less. To honor my husband and have a renewed joy in serving that handsome stud.  He's shown me that my home is a blessing not a burden, I am the steward.  

Life is a series of seasons that allows opportunities for growth.  What season are you in right now?  What is God showing you in this time?  How are you growing?  If you're in a difficult time, whatever it is, ask God to bring you out of it.  Ask him to show you how you can move forward.  

Until next time. Toodles! 




Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright