Slider

A Favorite Fatty Treat

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

When I heard about  NUTS almond project I had to put my two cents in.  Even before my now healthier days, I've always loved almonds.  Now I know that almonds are a great source of protein, antioxidants and fiber for our family.  They are the healthy happy kind of fat you want to eat. 

So how do we do almonds in our house?  Well for one we eat them on a daily basis because we are always snacking on trail mix.  Trail mix is n easy enough snack to prep and I have learned to skip the chocolate because then the kids will only eat the chocolate chunks.

I also love to sneak almonds into meals.  It's a great pair for regular green salads but mostly for my chicken salad.  You can find the recipe HERE.  Stuff it in a pita pocket and you have a delicious nutty lunch. 


And when paired with 100 calorie whole wheat thin bread it makes a great sandwich!  

Almonds also give a great crunch and texture to breakfast.  Oatmeal is a favorite.  I add some almond chunks or slivered almonds to my overnight oats or regular bowl of oatmeal.  So yummy!

Pair the chicken salad and the oatmeal together and you have one of my hubbys favorite lunch combos. 

How do you like to eat your almonds?  Maybe covered in delicious chocolate like the ones at NUTS?  If you want to join in the fun, let me know and who knows, NUTS,com may feature your post!

Until next time.  Toodles! 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


zulily 

1 comment:

  1. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776 For More visit www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright