Slider

A Little Older and A Little Wiser

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Today is my birthday.  Yup that's me at my favorite place, doing my favorite thing, drinking my favorite drink, in my birthday dress.  Nothing fancy this year just keepin' it simple doing all the little things I love.  I don't always feel so compelled to share from my heart and soul but today is an exception [and of all days, my birthday.]

For the first time on my birthday I actually feel a little more mature.  A little older, a little wiser, and a lot closer to God.

This season in my life I've reached that "adult" relationship with Jesus.  I'm not just running to him when I need help or thanking him because I got something.  It's deeper than that.  This year He has helped me to mature a lot.

I can't fully explain it but I know God has helped me to become a better wife, a mom, a friend, a sister, a person.  I'm still growing because by no means am I at the end.  I've come to realize that it's not about perfection, but real.  God is showing me how to be real, honest with myself in areas I need growth.  I feel a little less doing a million things aimlessly and more focused.  Focused on my mission to let my light shine.

There are songs for times like this that describe what I'm going through.  This season,  it's Start a Fire.  It perfectly describes "me" right now.  I've always been very shy and meek about my faith.  I'm just not wired to be a great evangelist.  There is a lyric in the song that says over and over again, I hear your voice in my head, let your light shine, let your light shine for all to see.  
       

It's not just about telling people I'm a Christian, it means more to me than that.  It means sharing the talents, the passion, the gifts that God has given me.  To share this overwhelming love that I get from Him.  To encourage others and bring them joy.  To give back to people in whatever way I can because I am so grateful for all the things He has blessed my little family with. 

I can tell you that God has started a fire in my soul.  It's been 12 years and now this little flame is finally starting to grow.  I'm not too jazzed about getting older but I am excited to see where God bring me in the next few years.  

So here is to growing a little older, a little wiser, and a lot closer to God.  Happy Tuesday!

Until next time.  Toodles!



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


zulily


1 comment:

  1. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776 For More visit www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright