Slider

Motivation Monday: Overcoming the Fitness Plateau

Monday, April 13, 2015

gymboree
As I am running on the treadmill last week, a short clip from one of the gym trainers pops up and he starts talking about overcoming a fitness or workout plateau. One of the things he mentioned was changing it up every four to six weeks.

I couldn't get it out of my head because I just had an amazing four weeks of PIYO and this is usually when the fitness honeymoon ends.  After four weeks, I want to go back to my old ways of eating and make excuses as to why I don't have time to workout.  BUT this time, my desire to live a healthy lifestyle is different.  I want to continue to grow and improve.  I want to keep being active and healthy.

I don't want to back track on all those goals I reached a month and a half ago. It is amazing what you can accomplish when you set measurable and achievable goals! 

1.  Consistently working out 6 days a week.
2.  Cook two healthy dinners a week. 
3.  Make sure to eat a real breakfast EVERY single day.
4.  Have a fruit or veggie snack every single day. 

 Not only is our family eating so much better but I saw a huge physical change in my body.  I've been drinking water like a camel, eating breakfast every morning and don't rely on coffee to get me going. 

So, to avoid that fitness plateau I am setting new goals and changing it up just a teeny tiny bit by adding in a new form of cardio...

1. Train for 5K.  Run 3.1 miles in 30 minutes. 
I really really really want to run a 5K with the hubby.  It's something I've wanted to do since before my knee injury so I am now training for that.  Been trading in my PIYO cardio days for running on the treadmill.  My friend showed me this app, which is great!  Right now I'm running 3.1 miles in 40 minutes but I'm going to keep on working on it!

2. Some form of meal prep each week.
Snack and meal prepping takes time and commitment.  I'm just not great at it but I would really like to be.  Right now, the only thing I have down is prepping our food for when we are gone the entire morning for our gym days.  I would really like to take a day to cut all our fruits and veggie snacks, make breakfast egg muffins, and some lunches/salad instead of doing it when I have a chance.  Reaped the benefits of meal prepping this week thanks to the help of the hubby who grilled oddles of chicken and mushrooms for my yummy lunches or dinners.

My blogging buddy Dannielle at Quite Dainty is also setting out to live a healthier lifestyle and she just shared two awesome post about eating healthy and food.  Her salad jars look amazing.  You can check it out HERE

3.  Continue with PIYO and master the videos.
The great thing about PIYO is that it is for beginners and people who are insanely in shape thanks to modification.  I would really like to get through the workouts without modifications.... doing real push ups, burpees, and holding the poses without surrendering to childs pose. 

So these are my goals for the next four to six weeks!  If you want to join my fitness journey don't be shy to contact my lovely coach Salma.  Thanks to her help and the accountability group I was able to reach my goals and continue to push through. 

I know I've been bombarding the blog with fitness and that's not all that's going on in life!  I guess right now this is what I'm passionate about, but pinky promise the next post will be about something else. 

 Until next time.  Toodles!




Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


zulily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright