Slider

Recipe: Easy Crispy Fried Shrimp

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Our internet has been down so I have been taking a mini social media vacay.  It's actually been really nice, the house is clean, the laundry is done, but I do miss being online.  Thought I would skip my workout today, pop in and post a quick recipe now that we have internet

This is my sister's recipe and while she was here we did a lot of cooking together.  She made this super easy fried breaded shrimp and I've been craving it since.  The shrimp was on sale for $2.50... what a steal!!   We made it a few weekends ago for our surf and turf dinner.   Doesn't it look yummy?!

I can't believe how easy it is to make.  He are the ingredients:


Shrimp
Box of Panko
Eggs
Flour
Salt and pepper
Oil 

If you are wondering, this is the box of Panko she uses from the Asian aisle at the grocery store.


Wash the shrimp and peel the skin leaving the tail. 

 Then arrange your assembly line of ingredients.  Add salt and pepper to your flour.  You'll first dip the shrimp in the egg.  Then the seasoned flour.  Back into the egg.  Then into the Panko.  It's best to do it I batches as opposed to one by one.

Lay the shrimp onto a plate until you are ready to fry.

Heat some oil to medium high heat.  Once the oil is hot, use tongs and put the shrimp in.  Flip it and cook until the skin is crisp and golden.

It went perfect for our surf and turf dinner.  Restaurant meal for half the price!

Until next time.  Toddles!

1 comment:

  1. These look AMAZING!! We loooove seafood in our house :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright