Slider

Yummy Easter Peeps Nests

Thursday, April 17, 2014

It hardly feels like Easter is right around the corner.  We have been so busy with company every week [including this week] that we haven't really done anything festive.  That's why I posted the Easter Round Up last week in case you wanted to do something festive and needed ideas.  Sometimes, holiday madness just has to take a back seat.  Can't do to it all every year.  It's been really nice just to enjoy the company of family and unplug for a tid bit.  I did want to share these really cute snacks the little lady and I made for her school's Easter party.  I found them on Pinterest and it's pinned on my Easter Board.  Peep nests.  Such a clever idea for whoever thought of it.

I love this snack because she was able to help me with it.  We melted the chocolate and I dunked the pretzel sticks in the chocolate and used some tongs to get them out.  Once the nest was created I let her put the yellow marshmallow Peep on and the Whoppers eggs.  We had a great time as usual. 

They were relatively easy to make and the teacher told me they were a HUGE hit with the kiddos.  Granted they all had chocolate all over their faces, but that's the fun of being a kid.  And don't worry healthy moms I also sent along some strawberries to balance all this sugar.

Last week I also shared some of the things in her Easter basket.  I try not to fill her basket full of candy, but with fun little trinkets.  I found those adorable little eggs at Dollar Tree and a lot of the stuff at Target's dollar section.  Who doesn't love PEZ?! 

Putting together an Easter Basket is like making an arrangement for me.  I like for it to look pretty and I like it when you can see everything inside.  If you are that way too and have some heavy things in the kiddos basket [like a new Bible] then fill the bottom with stones to keep it from tipping.  

Put everything in and WALA a basket!

Other than the treats the only other thing we did was dye Easter eggs.  Just a tradition in my family we have done year after year.  Didn't they turn out so cute?! 

Do you have any fun plans this Easter?

2 comments:

  1. Yum!!! I've made these before with those crunchy Asian noodles - so good! I think we have the same blue spatulas from Bed Bath and Beyond, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!! You are such a sweet mama!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright