Slider

Travel Themed Baby Shower

Thursday, January 23, 2014

While we were home in California over the holidays, my very talented sister and cousin Krista hosted this beautiful shower for us [yes a co-ed one].  A few months before they were asking what I wanted and we created THIS Pinterest board for inspiration that I can now share with all of you. All of the decorations came out so cute, the tables, and the food was yummy.  I wish I had taken more pictures of the little details, but I was able to snag some to share.  

Now before I get into the decor details we have to start with the invitations.  They were designed by MKKMDesigns.  Great design, the party package that came with all the graphics were reasonably priced, and from what I hear they offer a fast return.  And of course the actual invites were printed from Mpix.  I still love that they also print the design on the back. 

Now you would think with my love for parties that I wanted in on the fun, but I had no hand in this one.  The two ladies put it all together and I couldn't have asked for more.  They picked the perfect theme considering how much we travel and that we found out about our little man in Germany.  

So onto boasting about what an awesome job my hostesses did.  One of my favorite parts was the cake.  Isn't it so darling sitting on that gorgeous stand?
  
I have to say the cake and cupcakes were absolutely delicious.  I think I ate three cupcakes that day.  If you are wondering where they snagged all the stands and planes... they are from Home Good [but you didn't hear it from me].

My sister made these little airplane pops and had her boyfriend drill holes into the box to display them.  They used all those suitcases to give height and dimension to the table and desserts.  So clever! 

And cousin Krista made the initials, which I can't wait to put up in the nursery.  She covered wood letters with scrap book paper.  Love it!

That table was every kid's very place.  Not shy of a sweet treat to sneak while mom and dad aren't looking.

There was also popcorn for those who prefer something more salty.  Love the In Flight Snacks sign.  

On one of the walls there were poms and it was covered with cute post cards.

I wish I had a chance to get a picture of the actual table before people sat down but so sad I didn't.  Each table had a topiary, a wood plane, and little airplanes and clouds cut out with scrap book paper.  I wish I could show you it was just darling!!  Oh well I guess.  There was also a kids table covered in craft paper and topped with crayons.  

And what's a shower without games?!  We played a few but the hit was the bottle drinking race.  It's not that easy drinking out of those bottles! 

We were totally blessed and so grateful to everyone who came and showered us with gifts.  Can you tell I am ecstatic about all the boy stuff.  It's a nice change from all the pink and ribbons.  One of my favorite gifts was from cousin Krista who gave the kiddos matching shirts.  Too much cuteness! 

We are so thankful to these two hostesses and to all our family and friends who helped make this baby shower a big success. 

Now onto getting ready for little man to come!  Happy Thursday everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! What an amazing party, and I just love the theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iceland has an extensive code of hygiene so you need to shower before appreciating the inflatable spa. The showers is split up by gender. A modest facility is nearby the plant. Thus energy manipulation only at that location is perhaps not without effect. Visting Iceland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bath and shower water filters contain special disks that are made of copper and zinc, and these filters are very effective in making bath and waterfall shower heads safer and cleaner. First, they will take out the chlorine, the chloroform and the other harmful substances that infect your water and irritate your skin.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright