Slider

My Obsession with Bins

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's that time of year, the one my hubby dreads..... spring cleaning!!  I don't know if it's the nesting that is making me go overboard and start early, but I'm not complaining.  It's amazing how much junk you can accumulate in a year, plus after Christmas we usually do an major clean out of toys to make room for the new ones.  Salvation Army loves us during this time of year.  

Each year [unknowingly] I pick an organizing project.  By no means is our house perfect but I try to live by the saying there's a place for everything and everything in it's place.  If there isn't a place for everything it probably means we have too much stuff for our space.... tell that to my craft corner.  Last year it was organizing our pantry and I went crazy for tupperware.  Now that the pantry and my system is in place I have gone bin crazy... baskets, plastic bins, and canvas bins.  

I can be organized without bins, but everything just looks much more neat and pretty with them so I'm willing to spend the money.  It can get expensive so I'm doing it little by little and here is my progress so far.  A wire basket under the kitchen sink to hold dish towels and extra place mats.  This one was $8 bucks at Ross.  More kitchen organizing ideas click HERE.  I like keeping my dish towels close by so when I need it I can grab it. 

I added a foe wood basket in the pantry to hold the bulky random extras.  What's in there now?  Bag of potatoes, big bag of extra peanuts, an extra cereal box, extra cereal from the jumbo bag... you get the idea.

In the drawers I added these plastic clear and grey bins I got from Target for a dollar.  The drawer is just the right for the little one to be able to reach her plates and bowls because she is learning to get her own snacks and food. 

And the tall grey plastic bins holds Tupperware lids perfectly and one of them is holding the baby bottles for now. 

I got these blue plastic bins from the dollar store, 2 for a dollar.  They hold measuring spoons perfectly.  As you can see this drawer still needs more work.

The blue bins are also perfect for the bathroom drawers.  They long skinny ones hold nail polish and nail stuff.  The square ones hold my make up.  

The key to organizing and staying organized is making sure everything is easily accessible and easy to put back.  The last thing I want to be doing is digging in a drawer trying to find a clip for my hair. 

I've also picked up some canvas bins for inside our linen closets.  I saw these in Better Homes and Garden about a year ago and I have wanted them since.  I found them at Walmart for $8.  They are so new I haven't even labeled them yet.  I put a big one and a little one in the laundry room.  

They perfectly hold sheets.  

I only use fitted sheets so I fold that, and whatever pillow cases go with the set and put everything inside a pillow case.  It makes changing sheets easy since everything is in one place. 

I do the same for her the little lady's sheets.  The little bin holds her sheets, crib sheets, and pack and play sheets. 

The downstairs storage closet is housing all the baby's goods. A bin for extra blankets and swaddles.

A bin for extra burp cloths, extra diapers, and extra packs of wipes.  

I'm crazy in love with canvas bins right now... oh the possibilities! 

What organizing projects are you working on right now? 

Happy Wednesday everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright