Slider

Cozee Kitchen: Super Quick and Easy Korean Dinner

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

 This morning I woke up thinking about what my day was going to look like, the word that came to mind was RUSH! I knew that it was going to be a busy day, so I took out ground beef in the morning before I left for work. Then from 8am-noon I kept thinking about what to make , then the light bulb came on! Six Sister's Stuff's Korean Beef! So I came home from lunch and whipped it up!




Six Sister's Korean Beef recipe entailed quite a bit of ingredients and I wanted something super quick and easy so I modified it. 

Korean Beef Ingredients:
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
1/3 cup Mr.Yoshida Marinade
2 tbs. Agave (or honey or sugar)
2 tbs. Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
Sesame Seeds (optional)
Chopped Green Onion (recommended)
Dash of Salt and Pepper

1. Sear ground beef with salt and pepper.
2. Add Marinade, Agave, and Liquid Aminos.
3. Add sesame seeds.
4. Top off with fresh Green Onions.

So, on my way back to work from lunch I was thinking of what to pair with the Korean Beef... then another light bulb came on... Korean Veggie Pancake!!!

Hobakjeon - Korean Zucchini Pancake
1 Zucchini chopped into matchsticks
1/2 cup of Flour
1/2 cup of Water
1/8 tbs. of Salt
1 Egg
3 tbs. of Canola or Vegetable Oil
Sesame Oil

1. Heat up canola/vegetable oil on medium heat on a skillet.
2. Mix flour and water together with a whisk. 
3. Then whisk in egg  and salt into the mixture.
3. Mix in chopped zucchini into mixture.
4. Pour entire mixture with zucchini onto your heated skillet and spread out the zucchini with a fork.
5. Once edges start to sizzle and cook, drizzle sesame oil around the edges. 
6. Once the side that is cooking is brown, flip and brown the other side.

Hobakjeon Dipping Sauce
(sorry I didn't take a picture)
4 tbs. of Braggs Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce
3 tbs. of White Vinegar
1/4 Onion chopped
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Jalapeno sliced
Splash of Sesame Oil
Squirts of Sriracha 

Mix all ingredients together. Add as much or as little Jalapenos and Sriracha as you want. 

 
    

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe, we will defnitely try Korean beef now because it looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for visiting the blog Marie! It is super easy.. The Mr. Yoshida marinade is from costco! That marinade is really good on chicken, fish, beef, etc! -Dannielle

      Delete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright