Slider

My Slice

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I am so excited for you to me my little Slice.  It was the deal of a lifetime, let me tell you!!!  So I have been a frequent shopper at Michaels recently because of all the parties I am prepping for and because you can only use one coupon at a time I am there often.  I saw this die cutter on sale and it was $40 and it is cute but still way more than what I would ever want to spend.

Then on Sunday, I was thinking that I would really like it.  I called Michaels as soon as they opened on Monday to see if they had any and I would consider it, but when the lady told me it was marked down to $19.99 I right away said HOLD IT FOR ME PLEASE.  It is originally 149.99 and that is a 85% off discount folks!   The cheapest one you can find is on ebay and it is selling for $85.  I just knew it was a gift from God especially for me hehe.  I was beyond excited.  And then when I got there, they had the cartridges marked down from $39.99 to $4.99!  I was so excited I could have peed in my pants.

I asked why they were selling it for so cheap and the lady told me because Michaels is discontinuing this brand at their store but I can still get stuff for it at Joann's and other craft stores.  As soon as I got home, I took it for a test run and it is perfect.  It is cordless, light, and super de super user friendly.  I was cutting and testing it out in no time! Oh the possibilities....


I love that it cuts any kind of paper, vellum, thin vinyl, pictures, and even fabric that has fusible web.  It cuts through FABRIC!  I can't wait to  start applique-ing hehe.  I love that the cutting mat is glass so it won't need to be replaced.  I love that you can press a few buttons and you are all set and ready to go.  I love that it has a charger.  I love that I can bring it wherever I need go.  I LOVE that I got it for 20 bucks!!  I just LOVE IT.

But with all good things there are some downsides.  I wish it was bigger because it only cuts up to 4 inches but it was designed to cut little things.  I also hate that you need this adhesive stuff when you are cutting paper that is thin or fabric.  With the card stock it isn't really necessary.  The only good thing is that this stuff is pretty cheap [like $1 a tube on amazon].  I have yet to try using the glue since I did the practice run on the card stock.   I don't really like that it only cuts one shape at a time so you can't really use it for projects where you need a large number of one shape or letter.  I also don't like that you need cartridges [even though it keeps it easy, pop it in the back and wala, shapes to cut]. I guess I can't really complain because I got mine for $5.  And well, I can set these petty complaints aside because I only paid $20!!!!


And hey, even Boo Boo is getting the hang of it!  Oh the possibilities.  I can't wait to cut fabric to applique onto her clothes, to cut vellum to label her toy bins, paper to make magnets, art project, and the list goes on.

So if you are a crafter, don't miss this deal of a lifetime.  Call Michaels up and see if they still have this little puppy and lets start cutting and creating!

3 comments:

  1. This is a really awesome blog. I love it. So nice and welcoming i just love the way this website has been done. Love it. office.com/setup also check this one office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright